Wednesday, December 1, 2010

36

"Mommy, I want to be a firefighter!"

"Mommy, I want to be a policeman, just  like Uncle Ronnie!"

"Mommy, I changed my mind about being a teacher. Mr. Johnson made me mad when he snet me out of class. I want to be a lawyer now!"

"Mommy? Daddy? I have a question to ask you two."
"What is it Billy?"
"What do I have to do to become an astronaut like my role model Neil Armstrong?"

Well, Billy, and the rest of you young children, before you could succeed in these wonderful fields, you must go to college. College is where you study whatever you need to in order to get a career in the field of your choice. A lot of peoplego to college, but what is really important is that you focus on your studies and your scholastic achievement while you are in college. A great number of people get to college and disregard their schoolwork;  they get caught up in party life, they lose focus of what is important, and they sometimes get kicked out of their ideal university. So, to become a firefighter, a policeman, a lawyer, or an astronaut, it sis possible, but you must focus on your school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment