Wednesday, December 1, 2010

14

Teachers-- cannot live with most of them, cannot learn without some of them. There are teachers tha I can get along with. There are teachers that I learn things from. There are teachers that I learn things from and can get along with. On a rare occasion, I have come across a teacher that was not so easyto get along with, but I learned a lot from. However, a common type of teacher is the one that you do not get along with and does not teach you much. I believe that there are things that this last group of teachers can do to affect their students more and do so positively.

In high school, teachers are older than their students. Also, they are the authoritive figure. Teachers fel that they need to establish this authority. This is acceptable, but sometimes these teachers just do more than is necessary. Some teachers need to understand that students are still human beings, and they have emotions, specifically in high school. Personally, I believe that, at any age, if you shoe me respect then you deserve my respect. If teachers showed teachers a little more respect, there would be fewer incidents in the classroom, which are more distracting than a cellular phone ringing for three seconds. Also, it is difficult for a student to do work for a teacher that treats them an ignorant 4 year-old. Another thing that teachers could do is compare the workload with that of other classes. I have noticed that teachers judge students almost solely on their performance in the classroom, and they only see how they perform in their class. which be misleading in some cases. So. the work load could create a domino effect. The work may not respect the student, which means there may be incidents, which means there will be distractions in class, which affects other students.  The classroom would be a much better learning enviroment if teachers did these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment