Tuesday, November 9, 2010

personal essay

Nobody likes being disappointed. If someone does like being disappointed, then not being disappointed disappoints him or her. Disappointments are sad, and sometimes can be depressing. Disappointments can cause you to change plans, make plans, or cancel plans. I have been disappointed may times in my lifetime, but one recent disappointment has really devastated me, and is continuing to do so.
            I am in a creative writing class. In this class we do various writing assignments. One day, our teacher assigned three prompts a night for us students to do. This really disappointed me, mostly because each prompt had to be two-hundred and fifty to five-hundred words. I knew that this would be extremely difficult, especially considering I have other classes. Also, with this assignment, I would not have time to cook for myself, which means I would have to eat a lot more fast-food. Also, I would not have time to run or work out at the gym after school. Also, my zero period class is keeping me from doing these workouts before school starts. I predicted that I would gain weight. And this premonition came to be true.
            So, in essence, this creative writing assignment has had a great negative impact on my life. It has affected my health, my baseball career, and my other classes, although my other classes have not been affected so greatly. Also, if I do not do so well in the creative writing class, I may not get a good grade, which could affect my near-perfect grade point average. Another issue is that my teacher judges students on how much work they do in his class alone, disregarding their success in other classes. Therefore, my teacher may very well think that I am stupid, which is far from the truth. Finally, this assignment had made me dislike writing, since I am doing it too much. So, this assignment was a big disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment